Happy New Year Everyone!
This was supposed to be a normal Taking Stock post, you know, kick off the year and let you guys know where I head is at. Then I was on Vi’s blog and I saw this AMAZING idea and I decided to replicate it.
This year is going to be an amazing and consistent year for Cateyes and I am so happy to continue this journey with you.
Favourite New Person – This definitely has to go to Didi. She is the sweetest, most resourceful babe. A complex problem solver and a solutions provider.
Most Improved Friend – Rene. Our friendship really improved this year and I am very glad for it.
Best Memory – Baewande’s wedding. There was something in the air at that wedding. It was really the most beautiful celebration of love and warmth. A true reflection of the sort of people Vic-O and Wendz are.
Most Exciting Moment– When I got the email that I had been selected to go to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as part of the team to work on the Model African Union Toolkit. I actually broke down in tears because I had never been outside Nigeria before and here I was, getting to travel, sponsored by the AUC and getting to do meaningful work. I could never have imagined it, and even now, months after, I can not believe it.
Most Frightening/Worst Moment– When I had a motorbike accident on 1st June, 2017 and August 16th, 2017 when it all finally came apart. Oh and the whole of September when I got the letter from Lawyers to leave my home.
Quote of the Year– “Decisions are made by those who show up” – Amanda Chukwudozie
Family of the Year– My wonderful, amazing, God sent friends, my parents and my brother.
Place of the Year– Myself. I became a safe space for myself. I sought refuge in myself and became a place that I could call home.
Song/Film/Game of the Year– Said – Nasty C and Runtown. First of all, Nasty C is A STAR. Super super talented! Also, the words!!! “And I was boxed in, all the boxes that I couldn’t check, and God came through for me, would you look at that.”
The 100% Dependable Award – Rita, the enabler of my Eat.Pray.Love life.
Best Virtual Person– Demi Lovato. I have always really liked Demi’s music, but after I watched her documentary on YouTube, I was so endeared to her and I felt so close to her and it just made me love her so much as a person.
Most Significant Blunder– Biggest mistake has to be that I slept on myself for so long and I almost let people go away with all of my stuff. I was sleeping on myself but I woke up (Lol) and I will never let that happen again.
Greatest Life Lesson– Decisions are made by those who show up. Also, why not me? I am worthy and I am capable.
- Started learning French. Completed A2 Exams. The Plan is to complete B2 by end of Q2 2018
- Forgave my body. My body is not the enemy, neither is food
- Entered a new level of Christianity. I am closer to God than I have ever been and that is amazing. I found a church, my church at TPH. Shout out to Sweetest for taking me there the first time.
- Worked 3 jobs at the same time and I did not die.
- Got invited for my first event as an influencer. When I had the invitation delivered to my office, I almost fainted.
- WENT ABROAD FOR THE FIRST TIME.
- I woke up – All round. Emotionally, Psychologically, Physically.
- I met and surpassed my Reading Target of 12 Books. I read 18! This year, the plan was to read 12, but 1st of February and I am on my 7th book, so I might increase it to 24.
To Work On Next Year–
- My Body – Now that I no longer treat my body as my enemy, it is time to do right by it in a healthy, sustainable way. Also #Selfcare2018. I started off with #Whole30ish January and now I’m entering #IFFeb
- My Career
- My Finances – You know what, enough is actually enough.
- My Photography and other creative interests.
- Cateyes Blog – The Plan is to post a minimum of 4 Posts every month, starting in February, 2018.
- Development Economics – I have realized that this is really important to me and I want to furnish my passion with actual skill and expertise. If you work in Development or you know anything about Development, please let me know. I want to learn as much as possible.
- Becoming a recipient of the EMJMD scholarship and getting into the GLODEP programme. It’s definitely one of my biggest goals this year. It is such an amazing opportunity and getting it will be an amazing dream come true.
Theme Of Next Year– My Theme for 2018 is to Live Free. To quote this Superstar, There is nothing I’m not worthy of.
ONE TIME FOR – My FRIENDS. Every single one of you has shown me such amazing love and friendship and I am so unbelievably grateful for you guys.
RAISE YOUR GLASS FOR – You, you and you. All of you who have stuck with my inconsistent ass and have visited this blog, commented on posts. You are amazing and I pray that lines fall for you in the most pleasant places.
Here is to 2018. The Year that we become.
Love and love,